How to submit a bug reportBack to the overview
What not to report
- Bugs in unofficial builds or anything not downloaded from our official portal
- Missing builds
- Asking for installation help
- Asking for device support
- Feature requests
Reporting a bug
We use Gitlab Issues as our bug tracker. Before you submit a bug, please search to verify that someone else hasn’t reported it already. If they have, avoid commenting with “+1” or “Me too!”, as this just creates more work for us.
We accept bugs on the following:
Important: Please do not post multiple issues within the same report, as bugs can be either affecting different maintainers or some may be device specific where others are notImportant: Logcats must be attached for all android bugs, and must be captured right after reproducing the issue.
- These are bugs in LineageOS.
- The fingerprint sensor on your device doesn’t work.
- Your phone crashes when you try to enable encryption.
- WiFi calling doesn’t work.
Important: If the issue affects your device, this is the wrong place to report your issue!
- These are bugs in our website and/or software.
- The download portal doesn’t render something correctly.
- There’s a dead link on the website.
- An API returns something unexpected.
Please be sure to fill out the template with accurate information, and in the format requested. It doesn’t matter if your baseband version has nothing to do with a lock screen animation issue, if it is not there your bug will be removed.