Update LineageOS on roth
Updating your device
Note: LineageOS strongly recommends using our builtin Updater app. Alternative methods are supported, however.
Using the LineageOS Updater app
- Open Settings, navigate to “System”, then “Updater”.
- Click the Refresh Icon in the top right corner.
- Choose which update you’d like and press “Download”.
- When the download completes, click “Install”. Your device will reboot to recovery and install the update, then reboot to the updated installation.
Sideloading from Recovery
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Open Settings, navigate to “System”, then “Developer Options”, then click the “Root access” panel, and select “ADB only”, read the warning, and click “OK” when prompted.
adb reboot sideload
adb sideload /path/to/zip