Install LineageOS on
NVIDIA Jetson Nano 2GB [Tablet]
Do not continue after something fails!
- Read through the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any missed steps!
- Make sure your computer has
fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure that your model is actually listed in the “Supported models” section here (exact match required!)
- Boot your device with the stock OS at least once and check every functionality.
- LineageOS is provided as-is with no warranty. While we attempt to verify everything works you are installing this at your own risk!
Preparing for installation
Tegra devices come with a unique boot mode called “Tegra ReCovery Mode” or RCM, also known as APX. Tegraflash is the official NVIDIA tool for interfacing with RCM mode on recent Tegra devices. Tegraflash is only available for Linux. It will also not run properly in a VM.
Installing a custom recovery using
Download a flash package.
Note: These flash packages were built by LineageOS Developer Aaron Kling (webgeek1234) from officially supported LineageOS repositories, using Tegraflash and device configurations from NVIDIA Linux4Tegra releases and a few custom scripts.
- It will be named
- It will be named
python3. To do so, run
sudo apt -y install xz-utils python3(Debian based hosts) or
dnf -y install xz-utils python3(Redhat based hosts).
Run the following command in the folder which you downloaded the flash package to:
tar -xvf p3450_flash_package.tar.xz
- Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
- With the device unplugged, jump the FRC REC pin, then plug in. Remove the jumper once apx enumerates.
- Now, from the same terminal as before, run:
sudo ./flash.shNote: Please note this will require your user’s sudo password, as the script requires direct hardware access, which requires root privledges.
- The script will flash the boot stack and boot directly to recovery.
Installing LineageOS from recovery
- Download the LineageOS installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
- If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
- The bootloader does not allow using hardware buttons to boot to recovery. After apx flash, the device will boot directly to recovery. After installing Lineage, normal methods can be used to reboot to recovery.
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the LineageOS
.zippackage but do not reboot before you read/followed the rest of the instructions!
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb -d sideload filename.zip.Tip: Normally, adb will report
Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report
adb: failed to read command: No erroror
adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0which is also fine.
arm64 architecture), you can download it from here.
This add-on needs to be installed before booting into LineageOS for the first time!
Apply Update, then
Apply from ADB, then
adb -d sideload filename.zipfor all desired packages in sequence.
When presented with a screen that says
Signature verification failed, click
Continue. It is expected as add-ons aren’t signed with LineageOS’s official key!
Once you have installed everything successfully, you can now reboot your device into the OS for the first time!
- Click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.