Installing a custom recovery
Oops! Looks like we don’t have instructions here yet. You can try looking at the CM wiki dump for instructions for your device.
Installing LineageOS from recovery
Important: Please read through the instructions at least once completely before actually following them to avoid any problems because you missed something!
Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Optionally, download 3rd party application packages like Google Apps
- Place the LineageOS
.zippackage, as well as any other .zip packages on the root of
- Using adb:
adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
- You can use any method you are comfortable with.
adbis universal across all devices, and works both in Android and recovery mode, providing USB debugging is enabled.
- Using adb:
- If you aren’t already in recovery, boot into recovery:
- Hold Volume Up & Power simultaneously. When the phone vibrates, release Power, wait a second, then release Volume Up.
- (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to
/sdcard, and select the LineageOS
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
- (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS su add-on (use the
armpackage) or using any other method you prefer.
- Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Note: If you want any Google apps on your device, you have to do follow step 11 before the first reboot!