Install LineageOS on
Do not continue after something fails!
- Read through the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any missed steps!
- Make sure your computer has
fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Boot your device with the stock OS at least once and check every functionality.
- LineageOS is provided as-is with no warranty. While we attempt to verify everything works you are installing this at your own risk!
Preparing for installation
This generation of Amlogic devices include a unique boot mode called “Burn Mode”.
aml-flash-tool is Radxa’s wrapper script for Amlogic’s official
update tool, which allows interfacing with burn mode. It’s only available for Linux, though a VM will suffice.
Flashing the initial image and firmware using
aml_install_package.imgfile from here.
- Power off the device, and boot it into burn mode:
- Attach a blank eMMC module to the device, and plug into your PC.
- Download and install
git clone https://github.com/radxa/aml-flash-tool.git cd aml-flash-tool sudo ./INSTALL.shNote: Please note this will require your user’s sudo password, as the script requires direct hardware access, which requires root privileges.
- Flash the downloaded image file to your device by running (replace
<aml_install_package.img>with the actual filename!):
sudo ./aml-flash-tool.sh <aml_install_package.img>Note: These flash packages were built by LineageOS maintainers from officially supported LineageOS repositories, by using
lunchto select the device, then run
m aml_install.Warning: Please note that both
updateare known to be somewhat finicky on specific host platforms (e.g. AMD machines). If you see any failures in flashing, return to step 2 and try again.
- The script will flash the firmware, and after you see
Resetting board [OK], cycle power to the board, at which point you will see LineageOS Recovery boot. You may now proceed with the following installation instructions.
Installing LineageOS from recovery
- Download the LineageOS installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
- If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
adb reboot recovery.
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the LineageOS
.zippackage but do not reboot before you read/followed the rest of the instructions!
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb sideload filename.zip.Tip: Normally, adb will report
Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report
adb: failed to read command: No erroror
adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0which is also fine.
Signature verification failed, this is expected, please click
- Repeat the sideload steps above for all desired packages in sequence.
Once you have installed everything successfully, you can now reboot your device into the OS for the first time!
- Click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.