Install LineageOS on h850Back to the overview
Do not continue after something fails!
- Read through the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any missed steps!
- Make sure your computer has
fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
If the vendor provided multiple updates for that version, e.g. security updates, make sure you are on the latest!
If your current installation is newer or older than Android 7.0, please up- or downgrade to the required version before proceeding (guides can be found on the internet!).
Unlocking the bootloader
Installing a custom recovery using
- Download Lineage Recovery. Simply download the latest recovery file, named something like
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type:
adb reboot bootloader
You can also boot into fastboot mode via a key combination:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power.
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC finds it by typing:
If you don’t get any output or an error:
Tip: Some devices have buggy USB support while in bootloader mode, if you see
- on Windows: make sure the device appears in the device manager without a triangle. Try other drivers until the command above works!
- on Linux or macOS: If you see
no permissions fastboottry running
fastbootas root. When the output is empty, check your USB cable and port!
fastboothanging with no output when using commands such as
fastboot getvar ...,
fastboot boot ...,
fastboot flash ...you may want to try a different USB port (preferably a USB Type-A 2.0 one) or a USB hub.
- Flash recovery onto your device (replace
<recovery_filename>with the actual filename!):
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
- Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation.
Do not reboot into the existing OS, since it will overwrite the recovery you just installed!
With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power until the LG logo appears, then release Power for a second and hold it again until the recovery comes up.Note: If you can’t power down the device, try long-pressing the key-combination (if any was used in the instructions above) until the device reboots and follow the instructions above
Installing LineageOS from recovery
- Download the LineageOS installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
- If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
Note: Accept the factory reset prompt using the hardware buttons. If you have done everything correctly, this will not actually reset your device but instead will boot the custom recovery.
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the LineageOS
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb sideload filename.zip.Tip: Normally, adb will report
Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report
adb: failed to read command: No erroror
adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0which is also fine.
(Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, repeat the sideload steps above for those packages in sequence.Note: Add-ons aren’t signed with LineageOS’s official key, and therefore when they are sideloaded, Lineage Recovery will present a screen that says
Signature verification failed, this is expected, please click
Continue.Note: If you want the Google Apps add-on on your device, you must follow this step before booting into LineageOS for the first time!
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.