Update LineageOS on nash
Updating your device
Note: LineageOS strongly recommends using our builtin Updater app. Alternative methods are supported, however.
Note: addon.d-v2/backuptool_ab, the systems responsible for backing up addons such as GApps/SU do NOT run in recovery on A/B partition scheme (seamless update) devices. Addons are only backed up if you update via the built-in LineageOS Updater app or the push-update script detailed below.
Using the LineageOS Updater app
- Open Settings, navigate to “System”, then “Updater”.
- Click the Refresh Icon in the top right corner.
- Choose which update you’d like and press “Download”.
- When the download completes, click “Install”. Once the update process has finished, the device will display a “Reboot” button, which will reboot you into the updated system.
From your PC via the push_update script (Linux/macOS only)
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Open Settings, navigate to “System”, then “Developer Options”, then click the “Root access” panel, and select “ADB only”, read the warning, and click “OK” when prompted.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Updater/lineage-16.0/push-update.sh && chmod +x push-update.sh
- Open Settings, navigate to “System”, then “Updater”. Then proceed to click “Install” on the newly pushed update to commence installation. Once the update process has finished, the device will display a “Reboot” button, which will reboot you into the updated system.