Important: Please read through the instructions at least once completely before actually following them to avoid any problems because you missed something!
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
Installing a custom recovery
Oops! Looks like we don’t have instructions here yet. You can try looking at the CM wiki dump for instructions for your device.
Installing LineageOS from recovery
Build a LineageOS install package.
- Optionally, download 3rd party application packages such as Google Apps
- Place the LineageOS
.zippackage, as well as any other .zip packages on the root of
- Using adb:
adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
- You can use any method you are comfortable with.
adbis universal across all devices, and works both in Android and recovery mode, providing USB debugging is enabled.
- Using adb:
- If you aren’t already in recovery, reboot into recovery:
- With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to
/sdcard, and select the LineageOS
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
Note: If you want any Google Apps on your device, you must follow this step before the first reboot!
- (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS su add-on (use the
armpackage) or using any other method you prefer.
- Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.